Community Assistance Programs at SVDM
- Operation Fuel – A statewide non-profit whose mission is to providing energy assistance to keep a family warm during the coldest winter months. SVDM is the local Operation Fuel administrator in Middletown.
- Utility Assistance – Our mission is to prevent shut offs, help reinstate electricity that has already been shut off, or arrange for a delivery of oil, wood, propane or gas.
- Referrals – Our Soup Kitchen staff meets with guests right in the soup kitchen to see where we can be helpful. Referrals may include referrals for Medical assessment and services or referrals for shelter/housing.
- Rental Assistance – a thorough assessment of a situation may call for a loan for a security deposit or a month’s rent. These funds originate in Middletown’s Faith Community. Funds are then distributed by trained SVDM staff, and recipients sign an agreement to repay SVDM once the emergency which created the need is over and once recipients have the ability to repay.
- Transportation – Sometimes life happens! If someone can’t get to work because of a car or other transportation problem, we may be able to help! We look at the whole picture with a careful mind to solve problems – not to put them off knowing that they will recur again later